Junior Exhibit Designer
Freelance, Part Time or Full Time
Quatrefoil Associates has available opportunities for full time, part time or freelance 2D/Graphic Designers designing experiences for visitor centers, museums, aquariums and other informal learning spaces.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) is required.
• Understanding of and experience in museum graphics
• Detail-oriented, hands on, and self-motivated
• Good typography and text layout skills
• Proven understanding of printing process and technology
• Experience managing print vendors including job sourcing and pricing
• Knowledge of design principles
• Works well with team
• Experience with design for digital documents and/or screen/UI Design is a plus
• Develop 2D/Graphic design concepts and approaches for educational spaces including environmental and interpretive treatments
• Design graphics for environments, exhibitions, on-line digital materials and related projects.
• Create graphic designs concepts, graphic hierarchy, final graphics and production files.
• Work in tandem with team to ensure graphics communicate content clearly, integrate well with their physical environment, and are ADA compliant.
• Develop style guides including color palettes, font selection and layout templates.
• Use computer software to generate graphic elements, visualizations, maps and charts.
• Create and maintain graphic element list/schedule of graphic materials
• Acquire assets needed to complete design (photo research, information research and reference).
• Prepare files for deliverables for client approval. Design and layout deliverable package itself.
• Prepare files for final production with notes and instructions for vendors. Communicate with vendors throughout production of final pieces.
• Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree, with 3- 5 years of professional experience as a graphic designer with portfolio that includes print work as well as informational, environmental and production layouts
Quatrefoil is an exhibit design firm creating museum, science center, zoo and aquarium experiences for over the past 30 years. Check us out at www.quatrefoil.com.
We are looking for creative and energetic self-starters who are comfortable taking on responsibility in a collaborative environment. To apply, please send your information and any appropriate past project information such as work samples or weblinks to email@example.com with 2D/Graphic Designer as the subject.